With so many businesses setting up base in Singapore, it is important for them to use technology to drive customer engagement. Retailers are finding innovative yet cost-effective ways to bring in new customers and increase revenue at the same time. One such innovative method is the introduction of chatbots.
Chatbots are all the rage in the digital space these days. These chat programs are used to converse with users within a messaging app. Mobile app development in Singapore has reached new heights wherein even small and medium-sized retailers are developing their own chatbots. The government of Singapore is also planning to partner with Microsoft to build chatbots for their online services.
If you are in the retail business, customer service is likely a huge part of your strategy. While a human touch is important for a customized and personal customer experience, it can burn a hole in your budget. Even huge corporations think twice before hiring additional staff for customer service. Chatbots can get you out of this dilemma. Here are six ways that chatbots help retailers do business more efficiently.
- Stay ahead of the competition – A chatbot is a relatively new technology that is still being experimented with. Big brands like H&M have already introduced chatbots, thus, staying ahead of their competition. You can also observe your competition and create your own chatbots before any of them, becoming a pioneer in your field.
- Enable mobile communication – Customers are more likely to text or chat with a brand than email or call. Brands are using apps such as Facebook messenger and WhatsApp to listen to what customers are saying about them. Since they spend a lot of time on their mobile devices, you too can open an accessible channel for customers to connect with your brand using chatbots.
- Chatbots are everywhere – Chatbots are platform independent. They can be deployed on your website, in a messenger application, email, and even SMS. So, no matter what method of communication your customers choose, you can deploy a chatbot to target them. This way, you are reaching out to a wider audience and targeting niche markets as well.
- Encourage more spending – A great experience translates into a satisfied customer. Customers who have a positive experience with your brand will spend more time on your site and make more purchases. Offering coupons, promotions, and discounts will only make them come back to your site. With chatbots, you can make engagement more positive, increasing your customers’ visits and purchases.
- Respond quickly – Social media was once the go-to platform for complaints and grievances. Brands paid more attention to what customers were saying and responded immediately. This isn’t the case anymore. About one-third of customers who use social media to connect with their favorite brands never get a response. To ensure such disengagement doesn’t occur, you should use chatbots. They can be used to answer queries and address grievances of customers quickly, irrespective of time or geography.
- Cost-effective – You know now that customers are more likely to engage with your brand through their mobiles than any other platform. A mobile app is one of the easiest ways to retain customers, it costs a lot less than traditional methods. Mobile app development should, therefore, be a part of your business strategy. Chatbots are fairly easy and quick to develop. Integrating them with your mobile applications increases speed-to-market and decreases overall development costs.
Brands can use chatbots to expand their customer base without the addition of new staff, thus increasing engagement and keeping costs low.
Mobile app development in Singapore is not just limited to mobile sites and apps anymore. Many agencies have made the development of chatbots their niche and provide retailers with these exclusive services.
Brought to you by SingaporeChabots.sg. Want to build a chatbot? Drop us a note !